Welcome

Welcome to my world!

Sunday, 24 April 2011

Time to ourselves

Today is Easter Sunday, and as with every holiday Sheldon and I were faced with making a decission as to where to spend the holiday. Whatever we decide it is impossible to make everyone happy. At Christmas we visited my family the weekend before and then spent the actual holiday with Sheldon's family, which worked out ok but there was a lot of travelling and we were exhausted by the end of it. The Easter break is a much shorter time frame than we have over christmas and there's no way we could manage all of that travelling in the space of one long weekend even if we didn't now have to visit both of my parents individually, if we were to visit one family and not another that would cause problems. Also, all of our parents birthdays fall within a month of Easter which would mean having to take 2 round trips to each family in the space of a few weeks, this we just could not take, we need time to recharge after these trips as they take a lot out of us and we both end up drained as our families expect us to be running around and doing things as we're only there for a short time and our medications make this difficult, we can cope for a couple of days, but much longer than that and we start to unravel somewhat. With all this is mind we decided that we would stay at home for Easter and visit our families for our respective parents birthdays.

Making the decision to stay at home has been one of the best decissions we have made in a long time, we have had such an amazing and relaxed day and neither of us are exhausted or stressed out, we exchanged eggs this morning and then went to a local 4* hotel for a lovely 3 course lunch before coming home to chill out infront of the TV in the peace and quiet of our own home and in our own company which is bliss.

Don't get me wrong, we do like visitng the families, going home means that I get to see my nan and my younger brother, but means that I have to endure my mother's drunken moaning and her constant attempts to pick a fight with anyone in the room. I love going to see Sheldon's family they're lovely and we have a great time when we're down there but they're pretty intense and as Sheldon's mum's place is pretty small there is nowhere to hide if things get to much, its lovely seeing the family, but sometimes its lovely to not see them aswell, and now that our first family free holiday has gone so well i'm sure we'll have more in the future.

On a different topic I recieved an e-mail offering me a job, from someone who found my CV on a CV library I uploaded it to, its a job as an administrator so not my ideal job, and I've not recieved any details so for the moment I'm being cautious and not getting my hopes up until I have made contact with these people and checked if its a legitimate offer, but if it is then it'll bring in some much needed cash.

Thats all for now, I'm gonna get back to enjoying my lazy Sunday.

Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment