Welcome

Welcome to my world!

Tuesday, 1 March 2011

After a Bit of a Break - Continuing 30 Day Challenge: Day 9

I know its not technically a 30 day challenge as I haven't completed it in 30 days, but I have been finding it a good way for me to reflect on things so I'm going to continue doing so.

Task 9: Your current relationship status and how happy are you with it.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this one as I think I've pretty much covered my relationship. I'm in a pretty solid relationship with Sheldon, we started seeing each other almost 3 years ago, have been in a committed relationship for 18 months and have been living together for 9 months.

Things are going really well and I'm really happy. I've never felt this happy or settled with anyone ever in my life and everything seems to fit finally.

We have recently come to realise that we are actually two adults in a adult relationship. We were in town the other day looking at matching cutlery, new plates and curtains and we suddenly realised that our days when we thought that we were adults, while we were living in the student bubble, are over and we're now actually adults, in a functional relationship, living in the real world and that realisation was a little bit scary for both of us, but thats less to do with the relationship and more to do with us both being appropriately medicated and realising that we are now responsible adults (or at least convincingly disguised as thus) and we're thinking about things like children, careers and the property ladder. I know that these are normal things, that normal adults think about, but Sheldon and I have never been a normal couple so this is something of an adjustment for us and its going to take a lot of getting used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment