Welcome

Welcome to my world!

Saturday, 19 February 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 8

Todays task - Tell us about the last person who text you.

The last person who text me was my father. He text me to ask me to translate a medical abreviation on his blood test form. My father has a lot of blood tests and he phones/texts me to get me to translate these abreviations at least once for every test he has, despite the fact that I did type up a sheet for him with all of them on which he has in his house.

My dad is not the brightest of people, but he still asks me questions about what it is that I do and then gets frustrated when he doesn't understand the answer. He also like to think that he knows better than other people which results in him spouting a bunch of technical jargon that he's heard from people who actually know what they're going on about and the screwing up whatever it is he tries to do.

He's never going to win an award for Worlds Best Dad in fact it took the death of my Grandather (the father figure in my life until I was 11) for him to even make an attempt at anything that could be described as parenting. He is trying to make up for his lack of presence in my early life but its a case of too little, too late. I have a functional relationship with my father but we're hardly what I would call close. We can be civil to one another and he does help me out when I need things doing, but his approach to being a father seems to be throw money at my children to make up for the fact that I don't have a paternal bone in my body.

I doubt that we'll ever have the sort of relationship that I hear people are supposed to have with their parents, but there's more chance of this happening with him than there is of achieving a realtionship with my mother, as he is actually trying to get his act together, whether he sticks to what he says on that matter, the jury is still out as I've heard it all time and time again, I'll believe it when I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment