Welcome

Welcome to my world!

Sunday, 13 February 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 2

Day 2 of the 30 day challenge amd todays task is

Post the lyrics to a song that fits your current mood/situation

I wanna call the stars
Down from the sky
I wanna live a day
That never dies
I wanna change the world
Only for you
All the impossible
I wanna do


I wanna hold you close
Under the rain
I wanna kiss your smile
And feel the pain
I know what's beautiful
Looking at you
In a world of lies
You are the truth


And baby
Everytime you touch me
I become a hero
I'll make you safe
No matter where you are
And bring you
Everything you ask for
Nothing is above me
I'm shining like a candle in the dark
When you tell me that you love me


I wanna make you see
Just what I was
Show you the loneliness
And what it does
You walked into my life
To stop my tears
Everything's easy now
I have you here


And baby
Everytime you touch me
I become a hero
I'll make you safe
No matter where you are
And bring you
Everything you ask for
Nothing is above me
I'm shining like a candle in the dark
When you tell me that you love me


In a world without you
I would always hunger
All I need is your love to make me stronger


And baby
Everytime you touch me
I become a hero
I'll make you safe
No matter where you are
And bring you
Everything you ask for
Nothing is above me
I'm shining like a candle in the dark
When you tell me that you love me


You love me
When you tell me that you love me

Those are the lyrics to "When You Tell Me That You Love Me" by Diana Ross. It is one of my favourite songs of all time and I know that its soppy and sentimental but it is the song that comes closest to expressing the way I feel right now.

I'm not just being soppy because it's Valentine's day tomorrow, I genuinely feel like this when I'm with my darling Sheldon. We got together at a point when I was an absolute wreck, I had some serious issues that I needed to sort out and was having a psychotic breakdown (which he made me seek professional help for). He was the one person who was truly there for me and who supported me when everyone else just smiled and offered meaningless platitudes. Everyday that we are together I feel us becoming closer, he makes me want to be a better person, and even though we've been together for 18 months now my heart still skips a beat when he says "I love you."

I know I'll never be able to repay him for everything that he has done for me, but I will never stop trying to be there for him and be as special and as wonderful a person as he makes me feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment